Thursday, January 17, 2008

1/17/08 - Tagine

Here's some Morrocan flavor for y'all, a little Mediterranean-like dittie. I'm picturing a steamy desert dance track or a hookah lounge chill-out. I tried for a slightly longer piece yesterday to create more possibilities.

Play "Tagine"


I'm a bit puzzled how this track came out of me - I spent the day listening to Classical music of 20th and 21st century (first on Pandora, and then a Wordless Music Series concert featuring minimalist sublime pieces by Gavin Bryars, John Adams, and Johnny Greenwood. Then some all-Americana cover band at a post-concert bash at a bar. And then I get home, open my mouth to record something gypsy-like, and this comes out. Tomorrow I will try to record earlier in the day, so I can sing louder and think through it more.

No comments: